Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | Purchasing Microfilm | CAC Homepage|
Chistian Union Church (Big Lick Township, Hancock County, Ohio) - MS 106 mf
The records of the Christian Union Church of Big Lick Township of Hancock County, Ohio were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections for microfilming with the cooperation of Ray R. Lewis in June 1992.
No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted. A register was prepared in 1992.
Excerpt from Big Lick Township Sesquicentennial, 1831-1981
Christian Union Church
On ground deeded by David Roberts, January 9, 1871, to the Trustees of Christian Union Church, part of SW 1/4 of Section 29, was built the Christian Union Church, sometimes called Union Chapel. For this one acre plot of ground Mr. Roberts received $1.00.
There were fifty members and their families attended there in 1897. the church, a fair sized frame building, burned to the ground January 26, 1915. Between the church and Froggy School, to the south was a large playground.
The home of Helen and Lester Tong now stands on the plot of ground where the church once stood.
The collection of the Christian Union Church consists of one financial record book. This volume is the only known remaining record originally generated by the Christian Union Church, no longer in existence. The book was used to record the quarterly tithes pledged by and collected from church members. Information included in this book reveals the names of church members, its elders and its pastors during the ten year period between 1892 and 1902.
- Financial Record, 1892-1902
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy