Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | CAC Homepage|
Plasterers Local 7 (Toledo, Ohio) - MS 32
The records of Plasterers' Local 7 were donated and transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on March 4, 1976, by Paul D. Yon, Associate Director for the Center with the assistance of Tom Jacobs, Secretary-Treasurer of Local 7. The collection (1886-1973), consisting of two and one-half linear feet of material, includes minutes, roll books, dues ledgers and receipts and expenditures ledgers.
Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. Joanne Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project, processed the collection.
According to the Toledo City Directories, the Plasterer's Union first was listed in 1884 and continued being listed until 1894. No listing of this union appeared between 1895 and 1899; however, in the 1900 Directory, the Journeymen Plasterers' International Association, Local #7 was listed. Shortly after 1900, the union again changed names to the Operative Plasterers' and Cement Finishers International Association, Local #7.
Additional material documenting the history of this union is currently not available. Plasterers' Local 7's office is located at 3525 Monroe Street, Toledo, Ohio 43624.
The minutes of Plasterers' Local 7 provide much insight into the daily activities of this union including financial and committee reports and membership activities. Chronological gaps do occur (1890-1892, 1897, 1902-1909, and 1920-1930) which weaken the potential usefulness of this record series.
The other two major record series included in this collection, the dues ledgers and the receipts and expenditures ledgers, provide information on dues and assessments paid by members and itemized listing of receipts and expenditures made to and by the union, respectively. Agreements (1936), audit reports (1945-1946), roll books (1920-1926, 1938-1946) and a membership statistical ledger, 1905-1911) complete this collection.
1896-1889, 1893-1896, 1898-1901, 1910-1919, 1931-1969.
Includes nomination and election of officers, motions and resolutions, membership business, committee and financial reports, business with other unions and employers. Beginning during the 1930s the executive board minutes are incorporated with the regular meeting minutes.
Includes names of members and officers, dates of meetings and attendance record.
Contains statistics on membership and quarterly reports on membership.
Includes agreements worked out with Associated Building Contractors of Toledo, Inc., and Plastering Contractors.
Arranged by members name and then chronologically. Includes members name, date of payments and amounts. Also can include when and how person received membership and itemized listing of receipts and expenditures.
LEDGER-RECEIPTS AND EXPENDITURES
Contains itemized listing of receipts and expenditures, balances and dates entered.
Contains summary report of union's receipts, expenditures and balances.
- Minutes (includes roll records), July 1886-December 1889
- Minutes, February 1893-May 1896
- Minutes, December 1898-February 1901
- Minutes (includes receipts and expenses), June 1910-June 1914
- Minutes (includes receipts and expenses), July 1914-December 1919
- Minutes, December 1931-May 1937
- Minutes, May 1937-December 1940
- Minutes, January 1941-August 1946
- Minutes (loose papers of both minutes and expenses), May 1945-June 1946
- Minutes, August 1946-January 1966
- Minutes, February 1966-December 1969
- Roll book, January 1920-December 1926
- Roll book, January 1938-April 1946
- Dues book, 1895-1900
- Dues book, 1901-1903
- Dues book, 1903-1907
- Dues book, 1908-1914
- Dues book, 1941-1946
- Dues book, 1946-1952
- Dues book, 1953-1964
- Dues book, 1965-1973
- Membership book, 1905-1911
- Audit reports, 1945-1946
- Agreements, 1936
- Ledger-receipts and expenditures, 1899-1904
- Ledger-receipts and expenditures, 1929-1940
- Ledger-receipts and expenditures, 1941-1947
- Ledger-receipts and expenditures, 1946-1953
- Ledger-receipts and expenditures, 1953-1959
- Ledger-receipts and expenditures, 1959-1965
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy