Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | CAC Homepage|
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1076 - MS 30
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1076's records were transferred to the Center for Archival Collections on December 13, 1976 by Paul D. Yon, Associate Director of the Center for Archival Collections with the cooperation of Thomas Curley, Local 1076's business manager. The material documents the years 1937-1972. However, the bulk of the minutes, financial statements, membership lists, and convention materials falls between the years 1950-1969.
Literary and property rights have been dedicated to the public and duplication is permitted for the purposes of preservation and scholarly research. Joanne Passet, a graduate assistant employed by the Ohio Labor History Project, processed the collection.
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1076 received its charter on May 25, 1937. This local, chartered by ten workmen from the maintenance department of Sears and LaSalles Department Stores, was originally a part of Electrical Workers, Local 8, in Toledo, Ohio. The beginnings of this local grew out of a need for these workers to negotiate contracts independently of Local 8. No mergers have occurred since the creation of this local.
Offices were located at the Labor Temple in Toledo until December 1975, when the local relocated at 705 Lime City road, Rossford, Ohio 43460. The business manager as of the writing of the manuscript register was Thomas Curley. As of October 1997, Mr. Raymond Jones serves as Business Manager.
The minutes, complete for the years 1950-1969, contain information on union activities including new members, finances, committee work and business agent's reports. From 1960-1969, the minutes also contain a record of the executive board meetings.
Financial records include dues ledgers (1937-1939, 1942-1950), monthly and annual financial statements (1947-1963), and receipts and expenditures ledger sheets (1949-1952). Files documenting the planning and finances of the annual picnic exist for the years 1948 through 1952. However, the most extensive files are for 1949 and 1950. Published proceedings from conventions (1946-1948, 1950) complete the collection.
MEMBERSHIP DUES RECORD
Arranged and indexed by member's name Includes the name, age, card number, classification, date of initiation, local union number in which initiated, initiation fee paid, date, receipt number, date of payment, amounts, address and telephone number and place of employment of individual members.
February 1950-March 1969
Contains a record of vouchers read and approved, officers elected, new members, reports from other unions and Central Labor Union, committee activities and business agent's reports. From May 1960- March 1969 the minutes contain a record of executive board meetings.
PER CAPITA REPORTS (I.O. JOURNAL SHEETS)
Arranged chronologically and by member's name
Includes member's name and codes illustrating status and economic activity of each member, date of report. Information is sent to the International.
ANNUAL PICNIC FILES
Includes correspondence, minutes, broadsides, list of contributors, activities and events, financial information for the annual summer picnic.
ANNUAL FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1953
Includes an itemized listing of expenditures and receipts for the fiscal year and final balances.
MONTHLY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
Contains itemized listings for expenditures, total figures for receipts, dates, balances.
RECEIPTS AND EXPENDITURES LEDGER SHEETS
Includes dates, reason/person for receipt or expense, amounts.
Includes proceedings of National IBEW Conventions and Ohio State Federation of Labor Convention.
Photographs of various union members and officials
- Minutes, February 1950-February 1953
- Minutes, March 1953-December 1956
- Papers from Minute Books
- Minutes, March 3, 1953
- Proposal to amend by-laws, January 4, 1955
- Letter from Louis Kalling to Charles Dombrowsky (business manager), January 19, 1955
- Motions, November 6, 1956
- Minutes, February 1957-September 1960
- Papers from Minute Books
- Motion to change by-laws, April 2, 1957
- Labor organization financial report, June 30, 1960
- Letter to U. S. Department of Labor, September 6, 1960
- Minutes, October 1960-October 1963
- Papers from Minute Books: Announcement, March 1961
- Minutes, December 1963-October 1966
- Minutes, November 1966-March 1969
- Papers from Minute Books: Correspondence/financial proposal, September 19, 1968
- Announcements from other unions, 1949-1950
- Volume: Dues record, 1937-1939
- Members list, Local 1076, n.d.
- Members (A and BA) listing, 1952
- Roll Call listing, 1952
- Receipts and Expenditures ledger sheets, January-December 1949
- Volume: Receipts and Expenditures ledger sheets, January 1950-October 1951
- Receipts and Expenditures ledger sheets, March-May 1952
- Monthly financial statements, September 1947-September 1950 (incomplete)
- Monthly financial statements, January-December 1951
- Monthly financial statements, January-June 1952
- Monthly financial statements, January-December 1954
- Monthly financial statements, January-December 1955
- Monthly financial statements, January-December 1956
- Monthly financial statements, January-December 1957
- Monthly financial statements, January-December 1958
- Monthly financial statements, January-December 1959
- Monthly financial statements, November, December, 1960, January-December 1961
- Monthly financial statements, January-December 1962
- Monthly financial statements, January-December 1963
- Annual financial statements, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1953
- Annual picnic files, 1948, 1949
- Annual picnic files, 1950
- Annual picnic files (finances only), 1951
- National IBEW Convention (22nd) proceedings, 1946
- National IBEW Convention (23rd) proceedings, 1948
- National IBEW Convention (24th) proceedings, 1950
- Ohio State Federation of Labor Convention proceedings, 1947
- IBEW 1958 Convention--photo of Harry Truman
- Unidentified member of 1076 at Lincoln Floor Plant, Bowling Green, Ohio
- Secretary at Local 1076
- Business Manager (William Phillips) of 1076 and President of Auto- Tronic Control Company (Harold Kowalka), c. 1960
- Gerben Winters--last day on job at American Shipbuilding Company
- Members of 1076, July 1957
- Local election, Local 1076, July 1957
- Local 1076 Christmas Party, 1972 (two photographs)
- Dues Record, 1942-1946
- Dues Record, 1944-1946
- Dues Record, 1947-1949
- Dues Record, 1947-1950
- Per capita reports (I.O. Journal sheets), 1968-1972
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy