Center for Archival Collections
|NSAA Introduction | NSAA Bibliography | Education Bibliography | CAC Homepage|
Michigan Association for College Admission Counseling - MS 747
The Michigan Association for College Admission Counseling donated their archives to the Center for Archival Collections on July 14, 1993, to be part of the National Student Affairs Archives. Additions to the collection are made annually. The collection dates from 1960 to the present and is comprised of board minutes and files, conference programs and files, publications and photographs. No restrictions exist on the research use of the collection and copying is permitted for administrative and scholarly purposes. The collection was arranged and finding aid written by W. Alex Smith, archival assistant, in June 2006.
The Michigan Association for College Admission Counseling adopted their first constitution at a meeting in Pittsburgh on May 8, 1960. MACAC was established as a charter member of the National Association of College Admission Counselors. The purpose of the organization is to establish and maintain high professional standards in college guidance and admissions at both the high school and college level. Today, MACAC has 350 institutional members and over 1,100 individual members. At their annual spring conference, the MACAC presents the William Gramenz Award. This honor was first awarded in 1977 and is presented for life time achievement in counseling. For more information on MACAC, visit their web site at: http://www.macac.org
The Michigan Association for College Admission Counseling collection is organized into six record groups: Administrative Files; Subject Files; Committees; Publications; Conferences; and, Photographs. These record groups are divided into record series which are described below.
Executive Board/Committee Minutes and Files
Includes minutes, reports, memos, and correspondence relating to the activities and decisions of the MACAC Executive Board. The files include minutes from annual conferences as well as executive board rosters. Also includes early organizational correspondence.
Includes constitutions and bylaws, operating procedures and executive board and committee responsibilities.
Includes correspondence on various tax exempt procedures and audits.
Includes correspondence, reports, applications and directories documenting the membership of MACAC and the Membership Committee. Also includes returned forms from a membership survey conducted in 1985.
Includes lists of various committees and description of their duties. Also includes names of committee chairs and contact information.
Arranged alphabetically by name of committee and then arranged chronologically.
Includes reports, correspondence, member lists and other documentation about the activities of each committee.
Includes correspondence, brochures, programs, planning and evaluation files for the MACAC spring conference.
Programs and Workshops
Includes correspondence, brochures, programs, planning and evaluation forms for various MACAC sponsored programs and workshops.
Includes MACAC publications on scholarships and advanced placement.
Includes issues of the MACAC Newsletter and the MACAC Muse sent to members.
Includes brochures and flyers published by MACAC.
Includes photographs of unidentified MACAC events and people and the 1996 reception for past presidents.
- Organizational correspondence, 1968-1971
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1972-1974
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1975-1976
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1977
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1978
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1979
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1980-1981
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1982
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1983
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1984
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1985
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1986-1987
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1988-1989
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1990
- Executive Board minutes and files, 1991
- Executive Board minutes and files 1992-1993
- Executive Board minutes and files 1994
- Executive Board minutes and files 1995
- Executive Board minutes and files 1996-1997
- Executive Board minutes and files 1998
- Executive Board minutes and files 1999-2002
- Executive Board minutes and files 2003-June 2009
- Executive Board minutes and files September 2009-April 2011
- Executive Board rosters 1972-2011
- Constitutions and Bylaws, 1960-2006
- Officer and Committee Chairpersons Responsibilities, 1992-2003
- Tax documents, 1974-1990
- Membership files, 1975-1996
- Membership files, 1997-2001, 2003-2011
- Membership surveys, 1985
- Membership directories, 1987-1991
- Membership directories, 1991-2007
- Committee lists, 1987-2003
- Ad Hoc Advisory Committee on Testing for State of Michigan Scholarship Programs, 1978-1979
- Admissions Practices and Procedures Committee, 1980-2001
- College Showcase/College Fair Committee, 1993, 1995
- Conference Committee, 1986-1996, 2008
- Development Committee, 2006
- Ethics Committee, 1981-1983
- Future Programs and Projects Committee, 1990-1993
- Human Relations Committee, 1983-2002
- Joint College Relations committee, 1983-1994
- Legislative and Professional Concerns Committee, 1983, 1990, 1993, 2011
- Newsletter Editor/Public Relations Committee, 1993, 2005
- Nominating Committee, 1985, 1990
- Presidents’ Committee, 1986
- Professional Development Committee, 2006, 2008, 2011
- Publications Committee, 1990
- Special Projects Committee, 1977-1978, 1991
- Conference files 1974-1993
- Conference files 1995-2007
- Conference files 2008-2011
- Workshops and Programs files 1974-1991
- Workshops and Programs files 1992-2004, 2009-2011
- Guides to Scholarships and Advanced Placement 1991-1998
- Newsletters 1974-1993
- Newsletters 1994-1999
- Newsletters 2000-2005
- MACAC Muse 2005-2011
- Brochures/Flyers 1991-2005
- Photographs 1996, n.d.
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy