Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | CAC Homepage|
Ohio ASCS Aerial Photos - MS 279
The records of the Ohio Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service (ASCS) Aerial Photos were donated to the Center for Archival Collections in 1982, with the assistance of the Ohio State ASCS Office. The records, dating from 1969-1970, include maps and photographic prints.
No restrictions exist on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for research purposes. The collection was arranged and described by Devon Proudfoot in August 2013.
The Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service was an organization of the United States Department of Agriculture created in the year 1961. The agencies primary purposes were tasks such as conserving agriculture and farm products, granting loans to farmers for their purchases, and managing land, among other things. This particular collection of images came from the Ohio ASCS office.
In 1994, many agricultural agencies, including the ASCS, merged to join the currently existing Farm Service Agency. This new agency also combined the tasks of the Farmers Home Administration and the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation.
The Ohio ASCS Aerial Photos collection is primarily comprised of maps and photographic prints of Ohio counties like Allen, Auglaize, Defiance, Mercer, Paulding, Sandusky, Seneca, Van Wert, and Williams.
A majority of the maps in the collection are indexes of the photographic prints. These prints are placed together to map out each of the counties. The other maps in the collection are highway maps of counties like Allen and Van Wert. They display the major highways that run through the different areas. The dates of the maps range from 1969 to 1970 and they are arranged alphabetically by county. They are contained in the oversized drawer for manuscript collections.
The photographic prints are aerial pictures of the different areas of the counties. The dates of this photos range from 1969 to 1970. They are arranged alphabetically by county and then the pictures are sorted numerically by the number that was given to each one by the Ohio State ASCS Office.
MAPS, CHARTS, DIAGRAMS, GRAPHS, LISTS, ETC.
Arranged alphabetically by county.
The photographic prints placed together to give a layout of each of the counties.
Arranged alphabetically by county.
These are aerial photographs of the various sections of the counties.e.
- Allen – 2KK 180-281, 3KK 1-138, 1969
- Allen – 3KK 186-324, 1969
- Allen – 4KK 9-49, 1969
- Auglaize – 1KK 30-65, 1969
- Auglaize – 2KK 2-217, 1969
- Defiance – 1KK 1-34, 1969
- Defiance – 1KK 135-275, 1969
- Defiance – 2KK 20-88, 1969
- Defiance – 3KK 20-138, 1969
- Mercer – 1KK 1-80, 1969
- Mercer – 1KK 81-179, 1969
- Mercer – 1KK 180-266, 1969
- Paulding – 2KK 109-135, 1969
- Paulding – 3KK 32-191, 1969
- Paulding – 3KK 194-310, 1969
- Sandusky – 1LL 7-103, 1970
- Seneca – 2LL 2-87, 1970
- Van West – 1KK 2-98, 2KK 207-257, 1969
- Van West – 3KK 25-159, 1969
- Van West – 3KK 160-276, 4KK 48-54, 1969
- Williams – 1KK 2-137, 1969
- Williams – 1KK 138-258, 1969
- Williams – 2KK 15-134, 1969
- Williams – 2KK 135-217, 1969
- Allen County – Highway Map, 1969
- Auglaize County – Index (Parts 1-3), 1969
- Defiance County – Index (Parts 1-2), 1969
- Mercer County – Index (Parts 1-2), 1969
- Paulding County – Index (Parts 1-2), 1969
- Sandusky County – Index (Parts 1-2), 1970
- Seneca County – Index (Parts 1-4), 1970
- Van Wert County – Highway Map, 1969
- Van Wert County – Index (Parts 1-3), 1969
- Williams County – Index (Parts 1-4), 1969
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy