Center for Archival Collections
|Reference Services | Manuscripts by Subject | CAC Homepage|
Lake Township High School Collection - MS 990
The collection consists primarily of yearbook materials from 1918 to 1961. These include student yearbook photos, athletic team pictures and candid shots. The collection also contains a large amount of administrative data from the Lake Township High School.
This collection was transferred to the Center for Archival Collections in August, 2003 by Mr. Wayne Keller and Mr. Samuel P. Layman with the official deed of gift being signed by the Lake Township High School Superintendant, Dr. Paul Orshoski. There are no restrictions on the research use of this collection and duplication is permitted for purposes of preservation and scholarly research. The collection was processed by Matthew Smith, a student in HIST 6560 (Archives Administration) at Bowling Green State University, in April 2011, and revised by undergraduate student assistant Emily Schoenlein in July 2012, with revisions by Marilyn Levinson, Curator of Manuscripts.
The collection of yearbook materials contains many individual yearbook photos of students from the 1930s and 1940s along with candid photos from the school, athletics and plays. Part of the collection appears to have come from the yearbook office.
Besides the large amount of photos, the collection also includes a diverse array of administrative data from the school. This includes commencement data, teaching certificates, class schedules, school newspapers and other material. Of particular note is the teaching certificates for one of the school’s first principals, Otto Bruening as well as certificates from the 2nd War Loan drive and polio vaccination program.
The quality of the photographic material is excellent with little to no deterioration. Some of the certificates were stored improperly and are undergoing restoration work.
Data includes teaching certificates of several school faculty members, 1 notebook, schedules and several blank certificates. It also contains the school’s original land deed.
Diploma of Warren D. Mahaffey and a certificate of service from the 2nd War Loan drive
Include the program of the exercise, list of graduates, and list of faculty
May 1937-November 1939
1935, 1938, 1952
Includes program of play “Fickle Fortune” and Memorial Day exercises
These pictures include candid photos, athletic photos and student yearbook photos. Some of the student photos are grouped into “classes”, mostly of graduating seniors.
The negatives collection includes individual student photos from the yearbook as well as negatives of candid and athletic photos.
Presented by Curtis Circulation Company for Outstanding Accomplishment
Wood plaque entitled “Lake TWP Honor Roll.”
Track and Field award ribbons (no names).
- Teacher's notebook- 1920s to 1940s
- Original Deed Lake TWP High School
- Newsletter - Lake Breezes- Nov 1937, May 1939
- Program for play "Fickle Fortune"- 1938
- Memorial Day Service Programs- 1935, 1952
- Commencement Programs, 1930-1953
- List of High School seniors, 1931-1952
- Official program Lake vs. Rossford football game, 1961
- Diploma- Warren D. Mahaffey, 1945
- Miscellaneous printed material:
- Reports of water analysis (local, city, state)- 1930, 1931, 1937
- Letter from National Ticket Company, 1953
- Local election pamphlet
- High school schedule, 1959-1960
- Blank information sheet on parent's occupation
- Certificate of service for 2nd War Loan drive, 1943
- Documents from War Manpower Commission- 1942
- Candid photos
- Photos of Plays
- Athletic action photos
- Lake High School class of ‘37, ‘51, ‘52
- Photo negatives of candid photos
- Photo negatives for athletic photos
- Photo negatives for yearbook- students (some named, some unnamed) 1940-1941
- Yearbook typefaces, Xerox copies
- Cellulose film, contents unknown
- Track and Field Ribbons, 1930
- Plaque, Curtis Circulation Company
Box 5: Oversize
- School teaching certificates for Otto Bruning, Ralph Benard, Mary Adele Wickline, 1918-1929
- Aerial view of School complex w/ property lines
- Wood plaque, “Lake TWP honor roll 1932-1935”
- Class picture 1933, 1937-1940, 1942
- Girls basketball team photo (NE Champs; with names), 1929
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy