Center for Archival Collections
|NSAA Introduction | NSAA Bibliography | Education Bibliography | CAC Homepage|
Network Addressing Collegiate Alcohol and Other Drug Issues - MS 1070
The Network Addressing Collegiate Alcohol and Other Drug Issues donated their archives to the Center for Archival Collections in April 2007, to be part of the National Student Affairs Archives. Additional donations of records occur annually. The collection now consists of one linear foot of minutes, reports, publications, conference programs, and position papers, dating from 1988 to the present. No restrictions exist on the research use of the collection and copying is permitted for administrative and scholarly purposes.
First organized in 1987 by the U.S. Department of Education, The Network is a national consortium of institutions of higher education sharing and disseminating information to help curb alcohol and other drug abuse as well as violent behavior among college students. The Network is a voluntary membership organization whose member institutions agree to work toward a set of standards aimed at reducing alcohol and other drug problems at colleges and universities. It currently has approximately 1,600 members nationwide. The Network develops collaborative alcohol, other drug, and violence prevention efforts through electronic information exchange, printed materials, and sponsorship of national, regional and state activities and conferences. The Network has established 18 Regional Networks to facilitate it mission. Volunteer Regional Directors and State/Territory Coordinators staff each identified region.
The Network Addressing Collegiate Alcohol and Other Drug Issues collection is organized into five record groups: Administrative Files, Conference Programs, Regional Coordinators Files, Subject Files, and Publications. Record series are organized by record group and described below.
Includes background information on the organization and development of The Network.
Minutes and Reports
Includes Executive Committee minutes and annual reports.
1988, 1992, 1999, 2002, n.d.
Includes national standards developed and a self assessment inventory.
1993, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2007
Includes programs from the National Meeting on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse, and Violence Prevention in Higher Education
Regional Coordinators Files
Includes minutes, correspondence, and reports from the Regional Coordinators national meetings.
National Forum for Senior Administrators
1997, 2001, 2004
Conference packets and programs for this national meeting of campus chief executives and other senior college administrators.
Council of Advisors
Files documenting the beginning organization of this Council.
Student Research Award
Files documenting the establishment of this award named for Margaret J. Barr.
Files documenting a review of position paper on assessment and intervention, and a compilation of position papers on the development of The Network standards.
InterAssociation Task Force on Alcohol and Other Substance Abuse Issues
1996, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2008-2009
Minutes, survey, National Alcohol Awareness Week publications, report.
The Network Publications and Resources
1988, 2006, 2007, n.d.
Includes printed brochures on various topics, and two CDs including publications and resources of The Network.
Non Network Publications
1990-1992, 2009-2010 Includes publications on issues of alcohol, drug abuse, and violence published by other associations.
- Establishment of Network and background information, 1995, 1998, 2005, 2007, n.d.
- Executive Committee minutes, 1996-1999, 2001
- Annual Reports, 2002-2009
- Network Standards, 1988, 1992, 1999, 2002, n.d.
- Network Directory and Report, 2002-2003
- National Meeting on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse, and Violence Prevention in Higher Education, 1993, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2007
- Regional Coordinators minutes, reports, correspondence, 1990-1992
- Regional Coordinators minutes, reports, correspondence, 1994-2005
- National forum for Senior Administrators, 1997, 2001, 2004
- Council of Advisors, 2000
- Margaret J. Barr Student Research Award, 2006
- Network Position Papers, 1996-1998
- InterAssociation Task Force on Alcohol and Other Substance Abuse files, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2008-2009
- Network publications and resources, 1988, 2006, 2007, n.d.
- Non network publications, 1990-1992, 2009-2010
Bowling Green State University | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0001 | Contact Us | Campus Map | Accessibility Policy