Infantry Units: 124th Ohio Volunteer Infantry
Infantry units were recruited from all over the state. Those represented in detail here are the ones recruited primarily from northwest Ohio counties and those whose members wrote to local newspapers. More information will be added as it becomes available.
This Regiment was organized at Camp Cleveland, Ohio from August to September 1862 to serve three years. It was mustered out of service July 9, 1865 in accordance with orders from the War Department.
Some of the battles in which this unit participated include:
- Thompson's Station, TN, March 4-5, 1863
- Chickamauga, GA, September 19-20, 1863
- Lookout Mountain, TN, November 24, 1863
- Missionary Ridge, TN, November 25, 1863
- Rocky Face Ridge, GA, May 5-9, 1864
- Resaca, GA, May 13-16, 1864
- Pickett's Mills, GA, May 27, 1864
- Brown's Ferry, TN, October 27, 1864
- Nashville, TN, December 15-16, 1864