Infantry Units: 80th Ohio Volunteer Infantry
Infantry units were recruited from all over the state. Those represented in detail here are the ones recruited primarily from northwest Ohio counties and those whose members wrote to local newspapers. More information will be added as it becomes available.
This Regiment was organized in the State of Ohio at large, from October 1861 to January 1862 to serve three years. On the expiration of its term of service, the original members (except veterans) were mustered out, and the organization, composed of veterans and recruits, retained in service until August 13, 1865, when it was mustered out in accordance with orders from the War Department.
Some of the battles in which this unit participated include:
- Corinth, MS, April 30-May 30, 1862
- Farmington, MS, May 9, 1862
- Iuka, MS, September 19-20, 1862
- Corinth, MS, October 4, 1862
- Raymond, MS, May 12, 1863
- Jackson, MS, May 14, 1863
- Vicksburg, MS (Siege), May 18-July 4, 1863
- Missionary Ridge, TN, November 25, 1863
- Salkahatchie, SC, February 3-9, 1865
- Bentonville, NC, March 19-21, 1865
- Sherman's March to the Sea
Roster - Field and Staff
Mustered in January 1-October 21, 1862 at Columbus and Cincinnati, OH. Mustered out August 13, 1865 at Little Rock, AR.