RefWorks - Importing from Catalogs
BGSU Libraries Catalog & OhioLINK Catalog
- Perform search.
- Save records of interest (Save Marked).
- Click on View Saved.
- Choose Full Display
- Choose Local Disk
- Click on Submit
- Popup box File Download appears – choose Save.
- Save the document as a .txt file in a place you’ll remember.
- Close box when download is complete.
- Login to your RefWorks account.
- Click on References – Import
- Import Filter/Data Source – choose Bowling Green State University
- Database – choose BGSU Libraries Catalog (Full Display) or OhioLINK Central Catalog (Full Display)
- Import Reference into – optional. Choose a folder if you wish.
- Import Data from the following Text File – should be chosen.
- Use Browse button to find file you just saved.
- Click Import.
- Should see a message stating Import completed – X records imported.
You can also use the "Endnote/RefWorks" export and import filters for the BGSU and OhioLINK catalogs instead of "Full Display" - just be sure to use the same filter in exporting and importing (i.e., if you choose "Endnote/RefWorks" for your export from either catalog, choose the "Endnote/RefWorks" import filter in RefWorks for that catalog).
Alternate directions for OhioLINK Catalog
1. Open Refworks.
2. Choose Search>Online Catalog or Database
3. In the pop-up window, choose to search OhioLINK
4. Enter search terms
6. From result set, mark item to import
Questions or Comments? Contact
Linda Rich, Reference Coordinator