Papers of the NAACP (1909-1950), pt. 1-3
Title: Papers of the NAACP (1909-1950), pt. 1-3
Location: Jerome Library Main Microforms; Pt. I: film E 185.5 .N276 A21; Pt.2: film E 185.61 .N2732; Pt.3: E 185.5 .N276 A23
Format and Number of Reels/Fiche/Cards: Microfilm; 91 reels
Publisher: University Publications of America
Content Description: Reproductions of documents of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) from 1909 to 1950. This collection is divided into 3 parts:
- Part I: Meetings of the Board of Directors, Records of Annual Conferences, Major Speeches, and Special Reports, 1909-1950 The BGSU Libraries own only the initial collection, not the supplements to this section.
- Part II: Personal Correspondence of Selected NAACP Officials, 1919-1939
- Part III: The Campaign for Educational Equality: Legal Department and Central Office Records, 1913-1950 The BGSU Libraries own only series A: Legal Department and Central Office Records, 1913-1940 and series B: Legal Department and Central Office Records, 1940-1950.
Note: The BGSU Libraries own only parts 1-3 of this very large collection, which was issued in at least 27 parts. The BGSU Libraries also do not own the supplements to part 1 and own only Series A and B of part 3.
Arrangement: See the guides for the arrangement of each part
1) A Guide to Papers of the NAACP: Part 1 (REF E 185.5 .N276 A2 pt.1) This guide includes a list of all of the documents and a subject index.
2) A Guide to Papers of the NAACP: Part 3 (REF E 185.5 .N276 A2 pt.3 ser. A & REF E 185.5 .N276 A2 pt.3 ser.B). These guides include a list of all documents and a subject index.
Subject Categories: Education; History; Law; Multicultural Studies; Political Science; Women's Studies
Keywords: naacp, national association for the advancement of colored people, race, blacks, african americans, negroes, equality, discrimination
Time Period: 20th Century