[Ohio] State Correction and Poverty Reports
Title: [Ohio] State Correction and Poverty Reports
Location: Jerome Library Main Microforms; see Content Description for call numbers
Format and Number of Reels/Fiche/Cards: Microfiche
Publisher: Redgrave Information Resources
Content Description: Consists of five titles:
1) Ohio. Board of State Charities. Annual Report 1876-1913 (fiche 365.97711 O37a; 80 fiche) Reports of prisons, tramps, infirmaries, etc. There is no index to the entire set, but some volumes include indexes.
2) Ohio. Board of Clemency. Annual Report 1924-1929 (fiche 365.97711 O371a; 3 fiche) Reports on parole and probation. Includes recommendations for individual prisoners.
3) Boys' Industrial School (Lancaster, Ohio). Annual Report 1858-1913 (fiche 365.97711 O372a; 60 fiche).
4) Ohio. State Board of Pardons. Annual Report 1891-1899 (fiche 365.97711 O373a; 4 fiche) Includes recommendations on individual prisoners.
5) Ohio. Board of Administration. Annual Report 1911-1921 (fiche 365.97711 O374a; 45 fiche) Reports on hospitals, prisons, and such organizations as the Ohio State School for the Deaf and the Ohio Soldiers' & Sailors' Home. This report includes annual reports of individual charitable organizations.
Arrangement: Each set of annual reports is arranged chronologically by the year of the publication.
Index/Bibliography: No general index although some individual volumes include indexes.
Subject Categories: Criminal Justice; Education; Health & Medicine; History; Political Science
Keywords: ohio, prisons, jails, infirmaries, schools, education, hospitals, parole, probation, crime, criminal justice
Time Period: 19th Century; 20th Century