Documents of the National Security Council, 1947-1977
Title: Documents of the National Security Council, 1947-1977
Location: Jerome Library Main Microforms; film JX 234 .N3
Format and Number of Reels/Fiche/Cards: Microfilm; 5 reels
Publisher: University Publications of America
Content Description: Reproductions of documents issued by the President's National Security Council from 1947 to 1977. These documents each cover a special topic in U.S. security or foreign relations. The topics vary according to the major conflicts or issues.
A few representative titles from the documents:
- Action by U.S. Forces at Tsingtao in Defense of U.S. Lives and Property (May 24, 1948)
- Phase-Out of the Berlin Airlift (July 24, 1949)
- Provision of a Military Police Force for Jerusalem (Nov. 3, 1948)
- U.S. and Allied War Objectives in the Event of Global War (Aug. 25, 1950)
- Covert Operations (March 14, 1954)
- Deterrence and Survival in the Nuclear Age (Nov. 7, 1957)
- U.S. Policy Toward South Asia (Jan. 19, 1961)
Arrangement: Chronologically, by date issued
1) A Guide to Documents of the National Security Council, 1947-1977, ed. by Paul Kesaris (REF JX 234 .N3 guide) This guide lists all of the documents on each reel and provides a subject index to the major topic of each document.
2) Index to Documents of the National Security Council (REF UA 23.15) This guide indexes the documents in this collection (plus 4 supplements not owned by the BGSU Libraries) and in the Minutes of the National Security Council.
Subject Categories: History; Political Science
Keywords: national security council, military, security, international affairs, international relations, foreign affairs, foreign relations, diplomacy, defense, security
Time Period: 20th Century