Giving to the University Libraries
The University Libraries provide a wide variety of opportunities for donors to show their love and support for the Libraries at BGSU.
Ways to Give
- Gifts of cash are convenient and preferred by many donors. Checks payable to BGSU Foundation, Inc. Credit cards and online giving are accepted by the BGSU Foundation. When giving online, use the additional comments box to designate a specific library fund. For information or assistance with cash donations, please contact the Office of the Dean at +1-419-372-2856.
- Endowments provide support in perpetuity for resources, scholarships, programs, or professorships.
- Planned Charitable Giving
- Donors may name the University Libraries as beneficiary of a gift in trust or provide support through charitable bequests of financial or other assets in their wills.
The Friends of the University Libraries
The Friends is a membership-based organization that supports, through contributions and volunteers, the programs and activities of the University Libraries. Learn more.
William T. Jerome Library Deck Renovation Project
The Wm. T. Jerome Deck Renovation Project gives alumni, faculty and staff, students, family and friends of the University an affordable and meaningful way to contribute to the University Libraries, the intellectual heart of the campus. For more information about the Wm. T. Jerome Deck Renovation Project, click here.
The UL accepts gifts of books, periodicals, and other library materials for acquisition into the collections. We also encourage donors to consider a monetary compliment with their materials donation. Your monetary donations can help offset the costs associated with managing gifts and help us to ensure high quality access to all of our materials. Items accepted as gifts must meet the same criteria as items considered for purchase. The Gift Policy provides detail information for the giving to the main library collection, as well as links and contact information for all of the special collections in the University Libraries.
Selected collections of books or other materials may be named for benefactors who contribute significant financial gifts for the preservation of the collection. Benefactor namings are subject to approval by the Bowling Green State University Board of Trustees.
Donors Make A Difference
Donors have chosen to celebrate their love for learning through gifts that help transform the nature of research, reshape our facilities, and develop our collections. Some examples include:
- University Libraries Centennial Campaign
- Janet Parks Library Fund (Student Group Study Areas and Cyber Café)
- Frank and Virginia Crawford Listening Center
- BGSU alumnus Frank Crawford and his spouse, Virginia, designated an estate gift to the University Libraries. Located in the Music Library and Sound Recordings Archives of the William T. Jerome library, the listening center named in their memory provides state-of-the-art listening equipment to support scholarly study in music and other disciplines.
- Ramona Cormier Faculty Reading Room
- Located on the eighth floor of the William T. Jerome Library, this room was dedicated in April 1998 in honor of Trustee Professor of Philosophy Emeritus, Dr. Ramona Cormier, for her generosity to the University. Her generous gift of $10,000 made possible the establishment of the reading room where BGSU faculty can consult with others, study, conduct research, or enjoy reading. Dr. Cormier, a founding and lifetime member of The Friends of the University Libraries, continues to actively support the UL with her time, funds, and gifts-in-kind of books and journals.
- Restoration of William T. Jerome Library Murals
- Dr. Janis L. Pallister, Distinguished University Professor Emeritus and Doctor of Letters, honoris causa, in honor of whom the Janis L. Pallister Conference Room in Jerome Library is named, contributed significant funds to restore the murals by artist Donald Drumm located on the exterior walls of the building. Renowned for her philanthropic contributions to the University, Dr. Pallister has, in particular, supported the programs, activities, and collections of the UL. Her generous financial support and lifetime membership in The Friends of University Libraries exemplify Dr. Pallister's commitment to the values of information literacy and scholarship. Read Dr. Pallister’s remarks upon receiving the Doctor of Letters Honoris Causa from BGSU.
For detailed information about endowments or planned charitable giving, visit the BGSU Office of Development's web site on planned giving.