Continuing Education Series
To register for the workshop, Click Here
Social Work and Counseling Supervision: Opportunities to Grow
February 8, 2013 1:00 pm - 4:15 pm
BGSU at Levis Commons, 1655 N Wilkinson Way, Perrysburg, OH 43551
Shawn Dowling , MSW, LISW-S, LCDCIII
Participants will increase their awareness and understanding of skills used in social work supervision. Each participant will have the opportunity to increase awareness of the interplay between agency goals, policy and procedure, quality client care, ethics, State laws, licensure and apply a social work supervision framework to address a myriad of issues.
This will be provided in a classroom setting using lecture, case studies and group discussion. Resource materials used; case vignettes, web sites, and Ohio NASW, Ohio Administrative Code.
• To enable participants to increase their appreciation and understanding of the different models of social work supervision
• To provide opportunities for participants to identify a personal model of supervision
• To provide opportunities for participants to increase self awareness and develop an awareness of the interplay of relationships in supervision
• To enable participants to increase their knowledge of legal and ethical issues in supervision
• Participants will become familiar with models of supervision
• Participants will build skills to develop a personal model of supervision
• Participants will understand the fluid relationship between the client and supervisor-licensee-client relationships
• Participants will develop awareness of issues of power, gender and economics
• Participants will explore ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision
3.0 hours are approved for social workers (RSX108808), counselors (RCX020601) and nursing home administrators (050-C-13).
This workshop may be used to fulfill the supervision requirement for social workers and counselors.
$55 BGSU Alum Cost: $50
Substitutions are preferred. You may send someone to attend the workshop in your place if you notify our registration team 24 hours in advance. You may also substitute programs 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend the workshop registered for and you wish to transfer your registration to another workshop.
Levis Commons is conveniently located at Exit 2 off I-475 and St Rt 25 in Perrysburg. Upon entering Levis Commons you will be on Levis Commons Boulevard. Continue on Levis Commons Boulevard until you reach the roundabout leading to the Hilton Hotel. Turn right at the first street on this roundabout and BGSU at Levis Commons will be on the right and behind the Hilton
To register for the program, please call 419-372-8181 or click the link above. For questions regarding program content or ceu status, please contact Jennifer Wagner at 419-372-7773 or email@example.com