Continuing Education Series
To register for the workshop, Click Here
Supervising the LISW candidate
April 25, 2014 8:45 am - 12:00 pm
BGSU at Levis Commons, 1655 N. Wilkinson Way, Perrysburg, OH 43551
McMonagle, MSW, MBA, ACSW, LISW
This interactional workshop covers the essential aspects of social work supervision, explores models of supervision, identifies the characteristics of effective supervisors, presents adult learning principles, and helps supervisors utilize critical thinking skills in their day to day supervision
Objectives: At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to . . .
• Describe the major models of supervision for social work and be able to identify personal supervisory ‘styles’ based on the models
• Define the characteristics of effective supervisors in today’s workplaces
• Understand the supervisor’s role regarding education and training and how to balance this aspect with administrative and supportive supervision
• Know the CSWMFT Board’s expectations regarding supervision documentation
• Identify the principles of adult learning
• Understand the 3 learning styles and their application to training and development
• Describe the five components of critical thinking and know how to utilize critical thinking questioning skills to enhance supervisee’s skills
Ruth McMonagle, MSW, MBA, ACSW, LISW, is an independent trainer specializing in management training and increasing personal effectiveness. She trains throughout the country. She received her MSW from Case Western Reserve University and her MBA from Youngstown State. She has spent the last 25 years working in the human services arenas and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to her trainings.
3.0 hours are approved for social workers (RSX108808), counselors (RCX020601) and Ohio Nursing Home Administrators (004-C-14)
$55 BGSU Alum $50
Substitutions are preferred. You may send someone to attend the workshop in your place if you notify our registration team 24 hours in advance. You may also substitute programs 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend the workshop registered for and you wish to transfer your registration to another workshop
Levis Commons is conveniently located at Exit 2 off I-475 and St Rt 25, Perrysburg. Upon entering Levis Commons you will be on Levis Commons Boulevard. Continue on Levis Commons Boulevard until you reach the roundabout leading to the Hilton Hotel. Turn right at the first street on this roundabout and BGSU at Levis Commons will be on the right and behind the Hilton.
To register call 419-372-8181 or click the link above. For questions regarding program content or ceu status, please contact Jennifer Wagner at 419-372-7773 or firstname.lastname@example.org