College of Health and Human Services
Advocates Board Membership
Advocates Board Purpose
The Advocates Board serves as the chief volunteer group of the College of Health and Human Services of Bowling Green State University. As advisors to the Dean, its members provide human and financial resources necessary to promote and achieve the mission and vision of the College of Health and Human Services.
Specific Board Responsibilities
Among the areas in which the Advocates shall function are the following:
- Providing advice regarding human and fiscal resources to the College.
- Helping to develop programs that meet the challenges of the College.
- Functioning as an advocacy group for the College and, where appropriate, for Bowling Green State University.
- Helping the dean in strategic planning for the College.
- Helping to strengthen relationships with the College’s alumni
- Providing leadership in development (raising funds) for the College.
- Assisting in external/public relations and in devising communications strategies for the College.
- Encouraging faculty, staff, and students to become involved in advancement activities and to interest themselves in advancement outcomes.
- Assisting in recruitment and retention of faculty and students, nationally and internationally.
- Assisting in planning and implementing events that further the mission of College.
- Dealing with other issues as requested by the dean of the College.
Specific Member Responsibilities
Each member shall accept the following responsibilities:
- To advise and counsel the dean as requested.
- To carry the word about the College’s accomplishments to professional and personal acquaintances whenever possible.
- To identify for the dean potential faculty, staff, and students.
- To provide for the dean the insight gleaned through the member’s professional and volunteer accomplishment.
- To identify individuals, corporations, and foundations that might provide financial and other support for the College.
- To help, as appropriate, with the cultivation and solicitation of financial support for the College.
- To attend, as appropriate, events and celebrations sponsored by the College.
- To attend personally the meetings of the Advocates Board.
- To serve on at least one committee of the Advocates Board.
- To deal with other issues as requested by the dean of the College.
Term of Service
Members are appointed/elected for terms of service by the Advocates Board upon nomination by its Nominating Committee. Under usual circumstances, a term of service is a 3-year appointment, effective July 1 of the appointment year through June 30th of the terminal year.
Click HERE to download the Advocates Membership Application