School of Human Movement, Sport, & Leisure Studies
University Dance Alliance
The University Dance Alliance is a student run organization open to anyone interested in dance, from beginner through advanced levels. The main feature of UDA is a weekly dance class held every Wednesday from 6-7pm. Through the weekly class series UDA offers a variety of dance styles that cannot be received through the dance program. The weekly classes are taught by students, faculty, and professional dancers brought to BG by UDA.
The goal of UDA is to promote dance on the BGSU campus and the surrounding community. Along with the weekly classes, the UDA Semester Dance Showcase, movie nights, socials, and other events are held to encourage interaction and sharing between those interested in the art of dance.
There are many benefits to becoming a member of UDA, free admission to the weekly class (non-members pay $3 per class) is just one of them. As a member of UDA you will be able to:
• Perform in the UDA showcase at the end of each semester
• Choreograph your own pieces and have them performed in the showcase!
• Attend on-campus workshops and performances at a discounted rates!
• Stay informed of the current dance scene
• Meet a diverse group of students, faculty, and professionals!
• Buy UDA apparel!
If you are interested in becoming a member, have questions about UDA, or if you would like to be put on our email list, please contact Faculty Advisor Colleen Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org