Human Movement, Sport, and Leisure Studies
February 21-22 - AASP-Sponsored Midwest Sport and Exercise Psychology Symposium
December 4-11 - The Dog Days of Winter
- The School of HMSLS will be collecting donations for the Wood County Humane Society
- Donation boxes will be set up throughout Eppler. Please see the above link for a list of locations
- The Wood County Human Society has listed some needed items in the link, however all donations are accepted
- On December 4, from 11am-1pm, dogs will be outside of Eppler 108N for students to pet and play with.
October 4 - 12th annual School of HMSLS Homecoming Symposium.
- Since 2002, the School of Human Movement, Sport, and Leisure Studies has invited its alumnae/i to campus during homecoming week to participate in our highly successful annual alumni homecoming symposium.
- Dr. Sungho Cho served as symposium coordinator for this year
- Fifteen alumae/i working in various sectors of the industry, e.g., professional sport organizations, collegiate athletics, sport media and marketing agencies, dance studios, returned to the Eppler Complex to share their stories of achievement, expertise, and professionalism with our current students.
- During the guest luncheon hosted by the school, Dr. Stephen Langendorfer, the interim school director, and Associate Dean, Brian Campbell, recognized each speaker by awarding a Certificate of Recognition and Services along with two tickets to the BGSU homecoming football game.
September 28 - School of HMSLS Homecoming Symposium.
- Presentations from 8:30am - 2pm at Eppler Complex
- Dave Wottle (Olympic Gold Medalist & EDHD Alumnus) 3pm at Stroh Center
- Schedule of Events (PDF)
April 26-27 - Footlights Dance Concert, featuring faculty choreography, dance technique class showings, and select student works.
- Whitney Dance Studio, 222 Eppler North. $ Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information about DRE
Saturday, April 14
- 9 AM: the Department of Kinesiology Exercise Science students are hosting a Fight or Flight 5k walk/run event to benefit the Northwest Ohio Alzheimer's Association
- Co-sponsored by Dave's Running Performance in Perrysburg, Ohio.
- The race will start and finish at the Union Oval which is located just to the West of the Eppler Building between the Eppler Complex and the Student Union taking you on a scenic path around the BGSU campus.
- First overall male and female finisher and top three male and female in each age group will receive awards.
- Race event T-shirts will be provided and guaranteed to those that are pre-registered by April 6.
- Cost of the race is $15 for BGSU students, faculty and staff and $20 for all others.
- E-mail Brian Campbell at email@example.com for further information and registration forms.
March 23-24 - University Dance Alliance Spring Showcase, student choreography & performance