College of Education and Human Development
Higher Education Administration (HIED)
The University of Edinburgh
To evaluate the recruitment and retention practices of the senior resident position and recommend ways to increase participation in these endeavors.
Scottish Higher Education
* Schools of professional training & focus on intellectual process rather than students' personal lives.
* Until 1998, higher education for U.K. residents was free to any student who met admissions criteria.
* When applying to university, students first apply to the Universities' Central Council on Admissions (UCCA). The UCCA serves as a clearinghouse and passes on rejected applications to the next university.
* We are two countries separated by a common language.
* Student Services in Scotland are much more hands-off than in the United States.