College Student Personnel
The Dr. Carolyn Palmer Adult Learner Contribution Scholarship
This $500 professional development scholarship was created to encourage and support graduate students who are contributing to the success of adult students in higher education in one or more of the following ways:
• Research or significant projects related to adult learning
• Development or promotion of best practices related to adult learning
• Professional development or study of topics related to adult learning
The Frank C. and Jane W. Arnold Scholarship
This $1,000 scholarship is given annually to an outstanding graduate student who demonstrates commitment to their profession, academic excellence, and leadership potential. The scholarship alternates each year between the college student personnel program (even years) and the guidance and counseling program (odd years).
University Community Fellowship Award
Purpose of Award:
The University Community Fellowship Award recognizes extraordinary contributions by Bowling Green State University faculty, staff, or students to building collegial working relationships at BGSU. HESA sponsors this award because of their commitment to organizational development through the fostering of mutual respect among all members of a college and university community.
Criteria for Selection:
The recipient(s) will be BGSU faculty, staff, or students who have:
1. Promoted a sense of pride and a spirit of community among all constituent groups of Bowling Green State University
2. Initiated organizational development efforts within work teams that help realize the human potential of individuals while fostering cooperation among them
3. Demonstrated effective leadership through collaboration
4. Exemplified high standards of professional behavior regarding cross-constituent, cross-divisional, and multicultural relationships
5. Contributed to the further development of a learning community for faculty, staff, and students
CSP Community Spirit Award
This annual award seeks to recognize a first-year student in the CSP Program who has shown a willingness and ability to reach out to other classmates, faculty, and staff at Bowling Green State University and cooperating colleges to create stronger bonds within the HESA Division. In addition to this effort, the student must show a strong commitment to academics, have a strong work ethic within their assistantship, and have a commitment to diversity within the field of student affairs.
Recipients will receive the texts for the required second-year courses (CSP 6040 & CSP 6050), and a certificate recognizing the achievement.
Palmer Diversity Enhancement Scholarship
Through the generous support of Dr. Carolyn Palmer, associate professor emeritus, the College Student Personnel Program (CSP) at Bowling Green State University is offering $1,000 scholarships for selected incoming students. The scholarship will be applied to the student’s bursar bill and will offset the cost of general fees.
Equity, diversity, social justice, and inclusion are an important part of the student affairs profession and the CSP program at BGSU. As a program, we strive to prepare professionals who have awareness, knowledge, and skills around issues of equity, diversity, social justice, and inclusion.