School of Educational Foundations, Leadership and Policy
Educational Administration and Supervision
Master's Degree Program Application Procedures
THE ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE WILL NOT TAKE ANY ACTION ON YOUR APPLICATION FILE UNTIL ALL ADMISSIONS MATERIALS ARE SUBMITTED!
Submit the following to the Graduate College (120 McFall Center, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403-0180)
1. A completed BGSU Graduate College Application for Admission; this must be completed online at http://choose.bgsu.edu/apply/online/?graduate
2. Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work .
3. Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores taken within the past five years; Target composite score of 800+ (or 280+ with the new GRE) on the verbal/quantitative portions.
Submit the following to Educational Administration and Supervision (550 Education Building, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403-0180)
1. Letter of application to the EDAS Program Coordinator detailing (a) why you have chosen this program at BGSU; (b) your work experiences since graduating with your bachelors degree; (c) your professional goals; (d) your academic strengths and personal characteristics that will lead to your success as a school administrator; (d) the ways in which you will be an asset to our program; and (e) why you should be admitted to this program. In addition, you will need to complete and submit the EDAS Database Form (click here) .
2. A copy of your most recent resume/curriculum vita that includes evidence of (a) successful teaching experience; (b) leadership ability or capacity; (c) professional development activities; and (d) professional memberships, committees, publications, and honors.
3. Three Recommendation Forms/Letters – The information on the form or in the letter must speak to your potential success both as a graduate student and as an educational administrator. One must be from an individual familiar with your academic ability; the other two must be from an administrator or supervisor who is familiar with your professional performance. Of these two, one must be from a current supervisor. Click here for the Reference Form .
4. For those who are seeking Ohio administrative licensure in conjunction with the M.Ed., a completed Application for Administrative Licensure form. Choose either the Word version or the HTML version of the form.
ALL materials listed above are required before a decision can be made regarding admission to the program. A recommendation regarding your admissibility will be made by the Graduate College within 30 days after you have submitted all application materials. A review of incomplete applications is made quarterly and your file will be withdrawn from active application status if you do not complete the admission procedures.
If we can be of further assistance to you, please contact the EDAS Program Secretary, 550 Education Building, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403-0250, (419) 372-7377 or you can submit an electronic information request form .