College of Arts and Sciences
Admission Basics for Students New to BGSU
- Both prospective on-campus and online BLS students will need to seek formal admission to Bowling Green State University (BGSU) if they have not already been admitted.
- All prospective students, regardless of status, must submit an admissions application.
- Choose the BGSU Application for Admission that best suits your needs.
- Students must complete two years of a language other than English in high school, or two college level semesters.
- Newly admitted students' high school transcripts will be reviewed to determine if the requirement has been met.
- Transfer students are exempt from the language requirement if they have completed 30 or more semester credit hours at their previous institution.
- Continuing BGSU students should discuss how this requirement affects them with their advisor.
- Returning BGSU students must complete an Application for Readmission to the University.