College of Arts and Sciences
BLS Program Requirements
Students pursuing the Bachelor of Liberal Studies degree options must complete an application for admission into the program in addition to their application for admission to Bowling Green State University.
To apply for the BLS degree program the student must have:
- BLS Degree Program Application - must be submitted anytime before the first 14 days of the semester in which the last 12 hours are begun.
- Completed no less than 30 semester hours of college-level work.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Submitted a personal essay of 2 to 3 pages describing how your proposed degree curriculum aligns with your long-term and short-term goals as part of the BLS application.
- Completed GSW 1120.
The BLS Degree Program Application for admission must be submitted anytime before the first 14 days of the semester in which the last 12 hours are begun. No more than 27 hours within any one department/school in the College of Arts & Sciences can be credited toward graduation requirements.
For students to be eligible to graduate in the BLS degree program, they must have:
- Been fully admitted to the BLS degree program.
- Completed 100 hours of approved coursework towards Liberal Studies major. No more than 27 hours within any one discipline of approved coursework can be credited toward degree requirements.
- Completed a minimum of 122 hours, at least 12 of which must be completed after being accepted into the BLS program.
- Completed the University's BG Perspective Core Curriculum and all university degree requirements.
- Completed at least 40 hours of 3000/4000 level courses.