Natural & Health Sciences Residential Community
Welcome to the NHSRC
We are a tight knit community of scholars interested in the sciences.
"We must address and master the future together. It can be done if we restore the belief that we share a sense of national community, that we share a common national endeavor. It can be done."
- Barbara Jordan
The Natural & Health Sciences Residential Community is a living-learning community for students majoring in one of the sciences or a health related field.
Our learning community has one overarching goal: to make your college experience as fulfilling and successful as possible. We strive to provide students with the academic support they need to be successful, and the social connections to build lasting friendships. Membership in a learning community is a lot like being in a sorority or fraternity. Members must be committed to the same goal, and engage actively in the community. The keys of membership in our community are responsibility, respect, and ownership. We have no special rules or requirements and ask only that members abide by these principles.
We foster your necessity for community by providing you with social and academic space
- A lounge with a Big Screen HD Television, Pin Ball Machine, and Big Leather Couches
- A kitchen complete with stove, fridge, sink, ice machine, and two dining room tables
- A computer room filled with workspace, Macs and PCs
- A workroom that includes a large drafting table, computers, and academic texts.
- One small isolated classroom, fitting about 20 people, including a whiteboard. This can be used for group studying.
- A small workroom connected to the computer room, used for collaboration, or just a quiet place to work and study.
Resources included within these spaces:
- 24 Dell PCs with LCD Panel Monitors Computers
- Large lounge with big screen TV/DVD/VCR/Stereo
- Four high speed laser printers
- Copy Machine
- Color Copier
- Color Printer
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." -Albert Einstein