The Transfer Process (for students transferring to BGSU from another college or university):
- Gather information: Read about your intended program of study in the BGSU catalog and College web pages.
- Obtain a degree checksheet for your intended program of study
- Use the U-Select system to figure out how your classes taken at another school will count at BGSU.
- Apply for admission to BGSU. After being admitted to the university, the student's transcripts will be evaluated and sent to the College Advising Center.
- Apply for admission to your degree program within the college, if necessary. Many of the degree programs in the college require separate admission procedures with strict deadlines!
- Reserve a Transfer Student Orientation date, where a College Advisor will interpret your transfer evaluation report and assist you with your initial class registration.
The Transfer Process for BGSU Students Who Want to Take a Class Somewhere Else (e.g., a summer course at home):
Students are strongly encouraged to be sure that the courses taken at another school will be the appropriate transfer credits awarded by BGSU.