Welcome to the CHHS Advising Center
For students aspiring to enter the
health and human services professions, CHHS advisors strive to
challenge and support students to become independent and engaged in
their education by fostering a culture of proactive behavior,
intentional decision-making, and professional and personal responsibility.
- We acknowledge that each CHHS student is an individual with
unique background, needs, and future. We affirm the value of each
individual and seek to tailor our practices to meet the needs of
each individual student.
- We believe each student must take responsibility for their
education and we encourage each student to develop autonomy in the
academic realm and beyond.
- We value the importance of interpersonal connections and see,
through 1-on-1 interactions, to enable each student to feel a sense
of belonging and that they matter in our office and at BGSU.
- We encourage students to move past the "now" and
consider how their education and decisions will influence their
- We aim to connect the educational process for our students
through referral-making and collaboration with offices and faculty
members across campus. Through this interdependence, we aim to model
the importance of relationships and collaboration while
simultaneously creating an integrated, holistic experience for our
- We value the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and
experiences of our students and seek to affirm that each student has
a place within our college and at BGSU.