Continuing Education Programs
SAVE THE DATES:
Inaugural Public Health Symposium
"Social Media and Risk Communication"
Thursday, April 9, 2015 | 8:30-11:30 a.m. | 308 Bowen-Thompson Student Union
8:30-9:00 a.m. Registration and coffee
9:00-11:30 a.m. Keynote followed by panel discussion
Featuring Dr. Bechara Choucair, Senior Vice President for Safety Net Transformation and Community Benefit Trinity Health as the Ned E. Baker Keynote Speaker
Panel Discussion with community experts following the Keynote.
- Brad Gilbert, Director, Wood County Emergency Management Agency
- Stacy Weber, Public Information Officer, City of Toledo Mayor's Office
- Nicholas Espinoza, Medical Director, BGSU Falcon Health Center
Cost: $35 (Free for Bowling Green State University and University of Toledo faculty and students)
For more information contact Jennifer Wagner at HHSevents@bgsu.edu or 419-372-7773.
BGSU Hosts the 39th Annual Ohio Association of Gerontology and Education Conference
Friday, April 24, 2015 | Bowen-Thompson Student Union, BGSU
Keynote speaker: Barbara Edwards, Director, Disabled and Elderly Health Programs Group Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services
For more information or questions about our HHS events, contact Jennifer Wagner, 419-372-7773 or HHSevents@bgsu.edu
What people say about our continuing education programs and
Trauma in Individuals, Families and Organizations, and the Process of Recovery - Presented Spring 2014 by Sandra Bloom, M.D.
"Very comprehensive presentation." "Informative, relevant, timely, research-based and engaging." "Excellent presentation and supportive BGSU staff." "Exceeded all objectives."
Optimal Aging - Fall 2013 with David Gobble, Ph.D., CHES, and Mike Magee, M.D.
"It was a well-organized and insightful experience We learn that by taking care of ourselves (health, education, social, spiritual and physical) we can take care of those in need. Thank you for an informative program with very inspiring speakers."
Annual HHS Homecoming Lecture (Fall)
"I always enjoy coming back to BGSU for the annual homecoming lecture, and I hope you continue to offer this annually."
Peggy Adams, Ed.D.
"Super engagement. best ethics seminar I have been to in years."
Shawn Dowling, MSW, LISW-S, LiCDC
"Dynamic presenter. Practical Examples!"
Derek Mason, Ph.D.
"Wish I had had Dr. Mason as a professor."
Ruth McMonagle, MSW, MBS, ACSW, LISW-S
"Loved Ruth's teaching style and methods. Atmosphere was fantastic."
Dr. Jay Stewart, PhD, MRC, PCC-S, LiCDC, CRC
"Very good presenter. Very tangible and easy to understand."
Paula Taliaferro, MGS, LSW
"Great presenter. Made workshop very relatable with
- Advocates for Basic Legal Equality (ABLE) and Legal Aid of Western Ohio (LAWO)
- Alzheimer’s Association- Northwest OH Chapter
- Center for Continuing Medical Education at the University of Toledo Health Science Campus
- Center for Successful Aging
- Hospice of Northwest Ohio
- National Association of Local Boards of Health
- Northwest Ohio Gerontological Association
- Ohio Association of Senior Centers
- The Community Partnership
- The Ohio Masonic Home
- United Way of Greater Toledo
- West Park Place
- Wood County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board
- Wood County Committee on Aging