Continuing Education Programs
SAVE THE DATES:
12th ANNUAL HOMECOMING LECTURE
Friday, October 16, 2015
8:30 a.m. – Noon
Room 228 Bowen-Thompson Student Union, BGSU
Co-Sponsored by the BGSU Counseling Center and Department of Psychology – Clinical Program
GETTING IT RIGHT: ETHICS FOR SOCIAL SERVICE PROFESSIONALS*
A panel of diverse professionals will present timely and thought-provoking information related to professional ethics within the helping and criminal justice professions, including the ethical implications of social media and new technologies. Speakers will share some common situations in which ethical dilemmas may arise and potential interventions to best address these dilemmas.
• Dr. Susan Norris Huss – Associate Professor, BGSU School of
• Ms. Danielle Smith – Executive Director of the Ohio Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
• Mr. Thomas J. Ullom – Special Agent-in-Charge, Chicago Regional Investigations
$35.00 | FREE for BGSU faculty and staff
*This program has been approved for 3.0 hrs of CEUs for social
workers, counselors, psychologists, and long-term care administrators.
What people say about our continuing education programs and
Trauma in Individuals, Families and Organizations, and the Process of Recovery - Presented Spring 2014 by Sandra Bloom, M.D.
"Very comprehensive presentation." "Informative, relevant, timely, research-based and engaging." "Excellent presentation and supportive BGSU staff." "Exceeded all objectives."
Optimal Aging - Fall 2013 with David Gobble, Ph.D., CHES, and Mike Magee, M.D.
"It was a well-organized and insightful experience We learn that by taking care of ourselves (health, education, social, spiritual and physical) we can take care of those in need. Thank you for an informative program with very inspiring speakers."
Annual HHS Homecoming Lecture (Fall)
"I always enjoy coming back to BGSU for the annual homecoming lecture, and I hope you continue to offer this annually."
Peggy Adams, Ed.D.
"Super engagement. best ethics seminar I have been to in years."
Shawn Dowling, MSW, LISW-S, LiCDC
"Dynamic presenter. Practical Examples!"
Derek Mason, Ph.D.
"Wish I had had Dr. Mason as a professor."
Ruth McMonagle, MSW, MBS, ACSW, LISW-S
"Loved Ruth's teaching style and methods. Atmosphere was fantastic."
Dr. Jay Stewart, PhD, MRC, PCC-S, LiCDC, CRC
"Very good presenter. Very tangible and easy to understand."
Paula Taliaferro, MGS, LSW
"Great presenter. Made workshop very relatable with
- Advocates for Basic Legal Equality (ABLE) and Legal Aid of Western Ohio (LAWO)
- Alzheimer’s Association- Northwest OH Chapter
- Center for Continuing Medical Education at the University of Toledo Health Science Campus
- Center for Successful Aging
- Hospice of Northwest Ohio
- National Association of Local Boards of Health
- Northwest Ohio Gerontological Association
- Ohio Association of Senior Centers
- The Community Partnership
- The Ohio Masonic Home
- United Way of Greater Toledo
- West Park Place
- Wood County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board
- Wood County Committee on Aging