Center of Excellence: Health and Wellness Across the Lifespan
First Annual Optimal Aging Community Fair
Speakers, Interactive Activities, Health Screenings, Exhibitors,
Learn more about how YOU can experience the Seven Dimensions of Wellness
- Date: Monday, August 1, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Location: 202 Bowen-Thompson Student Union
- Cost: $20.00 (FREE for Seniors over 60 and BGSU Employees and Students) Includes Lunch!
- REGISTRATION IS NOW FULL
Grants Program Announcement
The Center of Excellence for Health and Wellness Across the Lifespan (CoE-HWL) is pleased to announce the availability of small grants for innovative and/or collaborative research or intervention trials focused on improving human health and wellness or preventing injury or disease. Projects grants are available for amounts up to a maximum of $3,000. Funding for approved projects is available through a monetary donation to the CoE-HWL from Medical Mutual of Ohio.
Center of Excellence Primary Goals
- Serve as an incubator for interdisciplinary health and wellness research and programsFfoster collaboration among community agencies and BGSU for health and wellness programs, projects, and translational research
- Establish and sustain BGSU as a model community for health and wellness
- Serve Ohio and the nation as a resource for information and data about the economic, social, and quality-of-life benefits of injury and disease prevention, health promotion, effective health communication, and healthy lifestyles
Grant Eligibility Criteria
The CoE-HWL uses the eligibility criteria established by the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research, namely that “all Bargaining Unit Faculty Members are eligible to apply for internal or external grants.” Additionally, two other BGSU employee groups shall also be eligible: Faculty Administrators and Administrative Staff professionals whose work is directly related to the goals of the CoE-HWL. Prior to acceptance of an application, any principal investigator or co-investigator must be an Affiliate of the CoE-HWL.
Proposals are due electronically by the 15th of each month. The proposal review report is sent to the proposal author(s) no later than the 14th day of the following month.