Center of Excellence in The Arts
Campus Arts Synergy
BGSU arts are characterized by strong collaborations among and beyond the arts disciplines.
Individual arts units span a comprehensive range of creative work and research:
Collaborative Activities: Joint teaching, creative work, research and service
Monthly meetings of the Arts Roundtable, a ten-year old assembly of BGSU arts programs and other campus entities, advance collaboration across colleges and a shared identity for BGSU arts.
Completed initiatives include:
- Arts Village, a Residential Learning Community
- Arts BG Experience, a general education class spanning all arts disciplines
- Arts Management Minor
- BAC degree in Musical Theatre (theatre, music, and dance)
- Faculty Learning Communities in: Scholarship of Engagement and Arts Pedagogy
- Collaborative productions in musical theatre, opera, digital music/art performance
- ArtsX, a multi-arts community-wide celebration every fall semester
- Shared administrative resources
Collaborative Partners at BGSU include:
- Arts Unlimited
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Center for Regional Development
- Ethnic Cultural Arts Program
- Jerome Library Sound and Magazine Archives
- Gish Film Theater and Archives
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Technology
- American Culture Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Political Science
- Popular Culture
- Social Work
The arts on campus are housed in an arts neighborhood, at whose core stands the state-of-the-art Wolfe Center for the Arts.
The Wolfe Center for the Arts, a new facility for the arts designed by international award-winning architectural firm Snøhetta, houses academic programs in theatre and film, digital arts, graphic design, and choral music. It serves as the site for ongoing research and collaboration in the arts and economic development; acts as an important cultural destination; represents BGSU’s ongoing institutional commitment to excellence in the arts; and provides a physical meeting place for art, music, theatre, film, creative writing and dance faculty.