Battery & Inkjet Cartridge Recycling
All types of batteries are recycled at BGSU through the Office of Campus Sustainability. This includes alkaline/single-use batteries, (the type used in flashlights, various office/household appliances, toys, etc.) as well as nickel/cadmium, lithium, door alarm batteries, parking meter batteries and other types of batteries.
There are collection boxes for smaller batteries in various academic
and office buildings. Additionally, if an office wishes to host a
battery collection box, one can be provided by the Office of Campus
Sustainability upon request.
Batteries can also be placed in any of the inkjet cartridge recycling boxes, which are located in various buildings across campus.
Locations for battery and inkjet cartridge recycling containers:
- Parking and Traffic Office
- Main Office – Bob Mason’s Office
- Overman Hall
- #190 - Geology and Geography Office
- Math Science
- #241 Dr. Midden's Office
- Information Desk
- Memorial Hall
- #201 - Department of Environment and Sustainability
- Administration Building
- #110 - Registration and Records
- West Hall
- #107 - WBGU Radio/TV (Jim Barnes)
- #024 Honors Loft
- College of
- #1031 - Main College Office – Mailbox Room
- Health and Human Services Building
- #200 - Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Olscamp Hall
- #122 - Classroom Technology Services
University printer cartridges from university printers can be recycled through ComDoc by:
- Drop them off in the basement of Hayes Hall. The Northeast corner basement entrance is the quickest drop off point.
- Contact Jeff Dorland (JDorland@comdoc.com) for more information.
Other inkjet cartridges (non-university cartridges, cartridges from personal printers, student printers, etc.) can be recycled in any of the inkjet cartridge recycling boxes through the program co-sponsored by the Marine Biology Association, and located in residence hall lobbies and other buildings. Batteries can also be placed in these boxes. Contact the Office of Campus Sustainability for box locations, or to host a box for your area if you are interested.