Become A Peer Leader
The College of Business Administration (CBA) Peer Leader Program utilizes a select group of current students to help incoming first year business students transition to the CBA and college life. Peer Leaders are knowledgeable and experienced guides, trusted allies, and caring role models. Their role is to provide information about BGSU and the CBA, refer to appropriate people and campus resources, and help new students by sharing their own personal experiences and ways of overcoming obstacles. Peer Leaders also encourage new students to get involved and take advantage of the many academic, professional, and social opportunities in the CBA and BGSU.
Meet the Peer
Leaders for 2015.
Why be a Peer Leader?
Some benefits to becoming a Peer Leader include:
- Hands-on leadership training
- Leadership experience to include on resumes (and scholarship applications) and to share in interviews
- Recognition by the Dean, Business Faculty, and Staff as a top student leader
- Making a positive difference in the life of a new business students
- Peer Leader apparel for events
How do I become a Peer Leader?
Each Spring, the College of Business selects approximately 25 students for the Peer Leader Program. To be considered for the program, students must attend an information session and complete the application process.
After attending an information session, students who meet the qualifications below are eligible to submit application materials:
- Have one (or two max) semesters as a business student on the Main BGSU campus prior to applying.
- Must be pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree or Bachelor of Science in Economics.
- Must be available to serve as a Peer Leader for one year beginning in the summer following selection to the program.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and initiative.
Those selected as a Peer Leader are required to complete 2 training sessions (4 hours each), an orientation session, and sign a Peer Leader agreement. Each Peer Leader will be assigned approximately 20 first year students. Peer Leaders will connect with new students electronically during the summer prior to their freshmen year, meet with students after the Dean’s Welcome on Opening Weekend (Fall), and maintain regular contact with the students during their first semester.
What do I need to submit?
The application selection process for 2015 is complete.
For any questions about this program, please contact Kristen
Brotzki, faculty advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.