Sponsor Opportunities for College Events
Sponsoring activities at the College is an excellent way to bring visibility to your organization. As an activity sponsor, your company will be recognized as the sponsor and you will be provided with speaking and networking opportunities. A list of sponsorship opportunities is provided below.
Class Dinners. During fall and spring semesters, each class comes together for a dinner to discuss a topic of interest and enjoy the camaraderie of classmates. During dinner, the class deposits memorabilia in its Class Time Capsule and listens to a presentation. Here are the dinner dates for spring 2014.
- Class of 2015 - February 18
- Class of 2016 - February 25
- Class of 2017 - March 4
- Class of 2014 - April 30
By sponsoring a class dinner, you will have the unique opportunity to address and network with our business students.
The Dean’s Guide to Practical Business Workshop includes six two-hour sessions where students learn about business dining etiquette, dressing for success, interviewing, networking, travelling for business, and learning about wine choices. Sponsorship opportunities are available for one or more sessions.
The Dean’s Golf Workshop includes six two-hour sessions in the fall where students learn the fundamentals of golf. During the last session, students play in a scramble sponsored by the Management and Leadership Association student organization. Sponsorship opportunities are available for one or more sessions.
The Student Ambassadors assist the dean in promoting the College to alumni, students, and prospective students. Student Ambassadors travel with the dean to events throughout the United States. As a sponsor, you will receive recognition at all events attended by Student Ambassadors.
Our college has very accomplished student organizations that perform successfully in student competitions. You can find sponsorship opportunities at the links below.
Student Organization Websites
- American Marketing Association: http://www.business.bgsu.edu/mkt/ama.html
- Beta Alpha Psi (National Accounting Society) & AMIS Club: http://www.business.bgsu.edu/amis/bap.html
- Delta Sigma Pi (Professional Business Fraternity: http://www.business.bgsu.edu/cba/dsp.html
- Economics Club: http://www.business.bgsu.edu/econclub.html
- Entrepreneurship Club: http://www.business.bgsu.edu/eship/eshipclub.html
- Financial Management Society: http://www.business.bgsu.edu/fin/fms.html
- Global Management & Leadership Society: http://www.business.bgsu.edu/mgmt/mgmtandleadership.html
- Net Impact: http://www.business.bgsu.edu/cba/netimpact.html
- Students of Information Systems Organization (SISO): http://www.business.bgsu.edu/amis/siso.html
- Supply Chain Management Association: http://www.business.bgsu.edu/mgmt/scma.html
Be a corporate sponsor of one of these teams or competitions.
- National Sales Competition Team
- Service Marketing Plan Competition
- Supply Chain Case Competition
- Management Case Competition
- Financial Planning Association (FPA) Financial Planning Competition
- IARFC Financial Plan Competition
- Society of Financial Service Professionals Industry Issue Competition
- Credit Suisse Private Banking Competition
- Investment Challenge Competition
- Economic Undergraduate Research Paper Contest
Sponsors can assist students by sending student to valuable conferences. Here are examples.
Finance: Global Asset Management Education
Quinnipac University (March 2014)
Finance: Redefining Investment Strategy Education (RISE 14) University of Dayton
Signature Event Sponsorship
The College of Business hosts a number of premier events where your company could receive high visibility. These events include the following:
Entrepreneurship Week (E-Week)
April 7 -11, 2014 – Successful entrepreneurs come to campus and share their expertise and advice. Click here for the events from April 2013.
Northwest Ohio’s premier entrepreneurial event. Next year’s event - April 11, 2014 – Keynote speaker: Daymond John, Successful Entrepreneur and Investor on hit television show “Shark Tank.”
Women in Leadership
Fall 2014 – Notable women of influence are featured in this premier program that attracts people from across the Midwest.
2013 Event Recap
Best Practices in Business Analytics
October 4, 2013 – “Celebrating the 2013 International Year of Statistics.” An annual symposium focuses on the fast-growing field of analytics that assists businesses be more efficient and effective. See how your company can receive great visibility during this event by being a sponsor. Click here to read about April 2013 event.
For questions about Signature Event Sponsorship Opportunities, please contact Dean Ray Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org.