The Department of Management awards over 50 scholarships each year totaling more than $40,000.
Individual scholarship awards vary from $250 to $1500 and are determined by the Department of Management Scholarship Committee to best match applicants to varying donor requests. Therefore, students do not need to select specific scholarships in their application.
CRITERIA: a major in Business Administration with a specialization in Management, International Business, or Supply Chain Management; minimum GPA of 3.0. Scholarships are available to incoming freshmen, rising freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors.
Scholarships for 2013-2014 included those funded by our Supply Chain Management Institute and its members:
- Diebol, Inc.
- Eaton Corporation
- Emerson Climate Technologies
- John Deere
- Marathon Petroleum Company
- Owens Corning
- Pacer International
- Parker Hannifin
Those funded by professional associations:
- APICS –Toledo Scholarships
- NAPM-Toledo Scholarships
- ISM Richter Award Scholarship
Those scholarships funded by our alumni and faculty:
- Chan and Young Hahn Scholarships
- Counterman Management Scholarships
- Department of Management Scholarships
- John and Lucy Hartley Scholarships
- Linda Ueltschy Scholarship
- Karl and Doris Vogt Award
- John Blevins Scholarship
Additional awards are made each calendar year to the outstanding graduating senior in each discipline: Management, International Business, and Supply Chain Management.
- McFillen Outstanding Management Senior
- SCMI Outstanding Supply Chain Management Senior
- Outstanding International Business Senior
CRITERIA: senior status graduating in May, August, or December of the calendar year in Business Administration with a specialization in Management, International Business, or Supply Chain Management; minimum GPA of 3.0; demonstrated leadership in student professional organizations, campus or community organizations; relevant coop/internship experience; positive contribution to BGSU’s program and reputation.
Applicant must include in his/her submission a resume and short essay detailing his/her contribution to BGSU’s reputation as an outstanding representative of the appropriate program.