Minor in Economics
The minor in economics requires 21 hours in economics and is a less technical program than the major. The minor complements a variety of majors including history, philosophy, psychology, mathematics to name a few. The requirements are listed below (see program requirements and specific course descriptions).
- Econ 2020, Principles of Microeconomics (3)
- Econ 2030, Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
- Select 15 additional ECON hours (except Econ 2000) (15)
- Satisfy a written and oral communications requirement in Economics. Certification by an Economics faculty member that the requirement has been met is required. Details are available in the Economics Department office.
- Econ 2000 does not count in the minior.
- All students must complete at least 15 credit hours toward the minor that are not counted in the student's major or specialization or another minor. Substitute courses must be approved by the Economics Department Chair.
- For non-business students, the total number of hours earned in the College of Business Administration courses may not exceed 25% or 30 hours of the 122 needed for graduation, counting the major and the minor. (6 hours of STAT and 9 hours of ECON are exempt from this limitation.)