Skyler Rogers (’12)
- Currently Rogers is co-founder and partner at NiceShirt.org, a custom apparel social enterprise. In addition to offering screen-printing and embroidery services for teams, events and groups, NiceShirt.org features a unique Online Fundraising Platform for communities and nonprofits to raise awareness and funds through apparel. Since its start in early 2012, NiceShirt.org has raised over $70,000 for charity and shipped products to all 50 states and 15 countries around the world.
- While at BGSU, Rogers achieved many honors and recognitions. Besides being the College’s top senior, Skyler was awarded the Falcon Top 10% Award, a Professor’s Scholar, an Arthur Andersen Scholar, and a Joseph F. Ziemianski Entrepreneurial Scholar, and was a member of the select BizX Entrepreneurial Leaders inaugural class.
- He was awarded one of ten Outstanding Senior Awards for BGSU, named the Marketing Department’s Senior of the Year and Graduating Entrepreneurship Student of the Year, and received the President's Award for Distinguished Community Service. He is the youngest member of the President’s Club and the BGSU Leadership Circle.
- In a leadership role for the University, Rogers served on the BGSU Board of Trustees as the Undergraduate Student Trustee.
- Rogers was co-founder of the BGSU Net Impact chapter which focuses on using a business framework to solve social and environmental problems.
- The TEDX program, the first of its kind in the state of Ohio, was brought to campus thanks to Rogers’ efforts and it was a sell-out event.
- Also during his time at BGSU, Skyler helped develop an initiative called Help Light the Night, which kick starts micro-enterprises in developing countries as a means of sustainable poverty alleviation. This Clinton Global Initiative University recognized project has helped fund hundreds of entrepreneurs in developing countries.
- BS, Business Administration, specializing in marketing with a focus on social entrepreneurship May 2012, Bowling Green State University
- Winner of the 2012 Ron Whitehouse Business Plan Competition for NiceShirt.org.