We have developed an online system designed to prepare our students for the highest level of professionalism when engaging and interviewing with employers. This new system is titled “FIT Certification” (Finest Individual Talent), administered via Canvas (BGSU’s online course system) and verified by Career Accelerator staff.
All Freshmen are required to complete the Business Career Accelerator “FIT Certification” prior to any interview for employment, of any kind. For all other students, FIT Certification is optional, but highly encouraged.
As an employer, you can request FIT Certification for any student as a prerequisite to your interview.
The FIT Certification Advantage
- Provides validation to employers that our students are professionally ready to interview and enter the workplace.
- Students earning FIT Certification are among the top talent in the College of Business and are requested by employers.
- Freshmen cannot participate in on-campus interviews without receiving this credential, adding employer-confidence.
- Provides students an additional credential they can add to their resume.
Student Criteria to earn FIT Certificate
- Approved resume on WorkNet (BGSU’s online job-posting system)
- Approved Letter of Introduction (aka Cover Letter)
- Completion of all the modules and all quizzes passed (online, all addressing interviewing etiquette, professionalism, techniques, etc.)