The mission of the Bowling Green State University Department of Accounting and Management Information Systems is:
- to promote the growth of knowledge,
- nurture the personal and professional development of those interested in the disciplines of accounting and management information systems,
- strive for a learning environment that stimulates intellectual curiosity, enhances critical thinking skills, encourages ethical behavior, and develops leadership ability,
- offer programs and a setting that attract students as they choose among competing programs in the region,
- produce graduates that are well-qualified to enter industry and public accounting.
Departmental faculty are encouraged to place emphasis on teaching, applied research, instructional development, and professional service.