Latin America Culture Studies
The Latin American Culture Studies specialization offers an interdisciplinary planned curriculum of studies on Latin America through the following courses:
- Introduction to Latin American Culture Studies (3)
- Spanish Composition and Conversation (3)
- Civilization of Mexico and the Caribbean (3)
- Civilization of South America (3)
- Latin American Culture Studies Seminar (3)
- Modern Latin America (3)
- Governments and Politics of Latin America (3)
- 12 additional elective hours of courses in history, geography and Spanish
Students choosing the Latin American Culture Studies specialization must fulfill the Spanish language requirement by completing Spanish at the 351 level or demonstrate competency in the Spanish language, e.g. by completing intensive Spanish language and culture courses through the summer abroad program in Mexico.
For more information, see the Undergraduate Program overview.