As part of the program requirements students are required to complete either an internship and capstone project, or thesis. Most of our students pursue the internship option as a means to gain meaningful work experience prior to graduation. Internships may be either paid or unpaid placements in the public sector, and may be completed either during the school year or the summer. Students with prior work experience may be waived out of the internship, but must still complete the capstone.
Students should begin searching for an internship early in the school year as placements are competitive.
Recent Graduates have held internships at:
- United Way
- Alaska Coalition
- Center for Regional Development
- Defiance Environmental Services Office
- Wood County Economic Development Office
- Defiance County Commissioner Office
- Ohio Senate Office
- Art Institute of Toledo
- Federal Conciliation and Mediation Service
- Bowling Green Parks and Recreation
- United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- Center for Nonprofit Resources