Special features of the BGSU Russian program are:
- Four-year program of language and culture study--one of the best in Ohio.
- The program encourages undergraduate research projects.
- Small class size and personal attention.
- Campus-wide opportunities for learning more about Russia.
- The Russian program has an associated Russian Club and honor society, the Dobro Slovo National Slavic Honor Society.
BGSU is the only public institution in northern Ohio to offer a full, four-year course of study in Russian culture and language. The Russian major provides a quality liberal arts education combined with language and learning skills. In comparison with others in the U.S., BGSU students have recorded above-average scores on standardized Russian tests.
IREX site - IREX is a professional
American Councils/ACTR - combines information and learning resources.
American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages
American Council of Teachers of Foreign Languages
The Birch - an undergraduate journal of creative work and critical commentary regarding Eastern European and Eurasian politics, history, art, and literature
Moscow Embassy - Government jobs
Moscow Times job listings (by occupation) - offers the same perspective.
ExpatRU - The virtual community for English-speaking expats and Russians
St. Petersburg Times - The leading English-language Newspaper in St. Petersburg.
English First - English teaching positions in Russia
American Chamber of Commerce in Russia