News & Events
Cultural and program events and other news
- GREAL and Romance & Classical Studies host a librarian
every Tuesday, 11 A.M. – 2 P.M., in Shatzel Hall 105. Stop by and
talk with a research expert! For
a complete schedule, click here.
- The Fall 2016
International Film Series begins on Thursday, 8 September at 7:30
P.M. in the Gish Film Theater. Fall
- Faculty members welcome College Credit Plus students in culture and language courses and look forward to cooperating with colleagues and students this year at Anthony Wayne H.S., Elmwood H.S., and Van Wert H.S.
- Department affiliated student organizations and study abroad programs will greet visitors during the 8 September CampusFest, 11 A.M. – 2 P.M.
- Study abroad programs will be represented at the 14 September “Expand Your Horizons” event in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union, 9:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.
- Culture and language majors will be represented at the “Major Match Up” event on 21 September in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union, 11 A.M. – 2 P.M.
- The “Embracing Global Engagement” event is
Wednesday, 5 October, in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union. Flyer
with details here.
- Students who have presented at the undergraduate BGSU Embracing Global Engagement onference are invited to submit their research projects to Dr. Christina Guenther (firstname.lastname@example.org) for possible inclusion inthe section, “From Praxis to Press.” Deadline: October 28, 2016 For complete instructions, click here.
- U.S. Air Force ROTC scholarships are available to students in the Russian Language major program. Air Force ROTC students taking certain language courses (including German, Russian, Chinese and Japanese) may be eligible for a bonus stipend, even if it is not their major of study. Members of the military may be entitled to additional benefits once on active duty for certain levels of proficiency in various languages. Contact the BGSU AFROTC office for more information.
- Apply for study abroad programs in Austria, China, Japan, and Russia!
- Look ahead to Oktoberfest, 19 October 2016, 6-10PM in the BTSU Ballroom! Keep looking for future updates on this site.
- Japanese program faculty member Akiko Jones has been honored by Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs for her contributions to mutual understanding between the U.S. and Japan. LINK
- BGSU hosted Maifest 2016 on May 5. For a list of prize winners, click here.
- Russian Program and Club held 31st annual awards evening on April 21, 2016. Click here for pictures.
- Thanks to Peter Rosei, visting Max Kade Writer in Residence, who departed BGSU at the end of April 2016 after a successful stay.