News & Events
Cultural and program events and other news
- There will be a German-American Day Celebration at the Wood County Historical Museum on October 5. For more information, click here.
event, Evening of Russian Romances and Poett will be held on 16
October at 8pm in the Bryan Recital Hall, College of Musical
- Oktoberfest will be on 19 October 2016, 6-10PM in the BTSU Ballroom! Find the press release here.
- Students who have presented at the undergraduate BGSU Embracing Global Engagement onference are invited to submit their research projects to Dr. Christina Guenther (email@example.com) for possible inclusion inthe section, “From Praxis to Press.” Deadline: October 28, 2016 For complete instructions, click here.
- Martin Amanshauser
will be the spring 2017 Max Kade Writer in Residence. To see his web page, click here.
- GREAL and Romance & Classical Studies host a librarian every
Tuesday, 11 A.M. – 2 P.M., in Shatzel Hall 105. Stop by and talk
with a research expert! For
a complete schedule, click here.
- The Fall 2016
International Film Series is held on Thursdays 7:30 P.M. in the Gish
Film Theater. For the complete Fall 2016 schedule, click
- Faculty members welcome College Credit Plus students in culture and language courses and look forward to cooperating with colleagues and students this year at Anthony Wayne H.S., Elmwood H.S., and Van Wert H.S.
“Embracing Global Engagement” event is Wednesday, 5 October, in the
Bowen-Thompson Student Union. Flyer
with details here.
- U.S. Air Force ROTC scholarships are available to students in the Russian Language major program. Air Force ROTC students taking certain language courses (including German, Russian, Chinese and Japanese) may be eligible for a bonus stipend, even if it is not their major of study. Members of the military may be entitled to additional benefits once on active duty for certain levels of proficiency in various languages. Contact the BGSU AFROTC office for more information.
- Apply for study abroad programs in Austria, China, Japan, and Russia!
2016 AYA Austria Newsletter is available online here.
- Japanese program faculty member Akiko Jones has been honored by Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs for her contributions to mutual understanding between the U.S. and Japan. LINK
- BGSU hosted Maifest 2016 on May 5. For a list of prize winners, click here.
- Russian Program and Club held 31st annual awards evening on April 21, 2016. Click here for pictures.
- Thanks to Peter Rosei, visting Max Kade Writer in Residence, who departed BGSU at the end of April 2016 after a successful stay.