Fees and Financial Aid
Tuition Costs and fees are the same for students on the BGSU campus or abroad. ( Fees current for the Academic Year 2014-2015)
- Full time students in the German M.A. programs take 18 credits per academic year; this amounts to approximately $7,632 per academic year.
- Graduate students who are not residents of the state of Ohio are charged an additional Non-Resident Fee of $5,490 per academic year.
- All graduate students are required to pay the General Fee, approximately $63/credit. Note that the tuition scholarship is not able to cover this fee.
Scholarships. Full-time graduate students are eligible to receive:
- A scholarship package including (up to full) tuition scholarships to cover tuition costs and non-resident fees for a total of 9 credit hours per semester, allocated on a competitive basis.
- A stipend for on-campus study and study abroad, if applicable.
Stipends / Teaching Assistantships:
ON CAMPUS: Students in the on-campus program are eligible to receive a Graduate Assistantship that will commit the GA to up to 20 hours of duties per week and makes them eligible for up to $9000 in an annual stipend. Stipends are distributed on a competitive basis.
ABROAD: Students in a study abroad portion of the program are eligible to receive a Graduate Assistantship that will commit the GA to up to 10 hours of duties per week and makes them eligible for up to $4000 in an annual stipend. Stipends and teaching assistantships are also distributed on a competitive basis. Current housing, programming and meal plan costs are available upon request.