Students pursuing their Master of Arts in German with BGSU can choose from a variety of ways to fulfill the program objectives. The options are:
- Study the first year of the MA program abroad in Salzburg, Austria and the second year on the BGSU campus.
- BGSU students with Advanced Undergraduate Standing can apply to the Accelerated MA 4+1 [B.A./ M.A.] in German, completing up to 9 credits of the M.A. requirements during their senior year.
- Graduate Certificate: German for Professionals and Educators.
- Licensed teachers are eligible for the Master of Arts in Teaching [M.A.T.] program that combines courses in German and Education
- Combine two areas of study in a three-year Dual Degree Program (typically with Art History, French, History, Spanish, or Political Science)
- Part-time students are invited to combine studies on campus with the possibility of taking graduate coursework abroad during summers and some on-line coursework.