Graduate Program Goals
Students who complete the MS in Computer Science program ...
- will have produced an independent research* project or written a master's thesis.
- will have critically examined a body of current, published research in computer science.
- will have demonstrated proficiency in the presentation of technical information, both oral and written.
- will have developed a perspective that reflects both theory and application.
- will be prepared to (a) gain admission to Ph.D. programs, (b) work as professionals within the computing industry, or (c) teach computer science courses.
- will have assimilated values and standards important to the profession.
* "Graduate research" is a process of directed independent investigation or discovery driven by a narrowly focused question and sustained by a well-defined procedure capable of generating an answer to that question.