EcoBreak is an informal seminar designed for exchange of ideas between students and faculty in ecology, through the presentation of research, discussion, and good company.
EcoBreaks will be held every Tuesday at 11:30am in 332 Life Science. All are are welcome.
If you want to sign up to present or bring refreshments, contact Dr. Kevin McCluney.
Presenters, please remember to:
- Introduce yourself--include status in graduate program or affiliation
- Describe the purpose of the talk; i.e., is it practice for a conference, or a discussion of ideas?
- Put your work in a larger ecological context
|1/13/2015||Rob Baroudi||Litter Decomposition Across a Burn Chronosequence|
|1/27/2015||Emma Spence & Christopher Amutabi|| |
1) Impacts of climate and energy development on Wyoming sage-grouse: landscape management for a landscape species
2) Assessing the impacts that Fuel-Wood Extration has on the Biodiversity of Kakamega Rain Forest, Kenya
|2/3/2015||Molly West||Are there Growth or Survivorship Effects on Juvenile O. rusticus Fed Stacked GM Corn Detritus|
|2/10/2015||Mary Gardiner, Ohio State University||Value of vacant land for conservation in Cleveland|
|2/17/2015||Jacob Sublett & Audrey Maran|| |
1) Exploring Causes and Effects on the Evolution of Phenotypic DIfferences in Lupinus perennis Seed Coat Coloration
|2/24/2015||Tim Luddington & Tom Lipp|| |
1) Measuring the effects of turbulence using a realistic exposure paradigm
2) Effects of Oil and Gas Compressor Sound on Lesser Prairie Chickens
|3/3/2015||Jamie Becker & Melanie Marshall|| |
1) Water Limitation Alters Terrestrial Arthropod Communities in Mesic, Urban Environments
2) Stable Isotopes and their possibilities
|3/10/2015||Spring Break||Spring Break|
|3/17/2015||Amanda Martin||Surveying Herpetofauna Within the Oak Openings Preserve|
|3/24/2015||Tyrone Hayes||Discussion with Pasakarnis-Buchanan Speaker Tyrone Hayes|
|4/7/2015||Sara Zaleski||Avian Use of Roadside Ditches|
|4/28/2015||Katie Collier & Kathryn Rapin||TBA|
Ecobreak seminars are still being added. Dr. McCluney will continue to update his lab website as new guests/topics are added.