The Arts Village aspires to distinction as a community that fosters collaboration across the arts. Arts Village offers a rich environment for creative, generative social interaction that spurs students towards greater community involvement in order to be responsible global citizens.
The Arts Village is dedicated to personal self-discovery through empowerment, creativity, collaboration, community, and critical thinking. The Arts Village embraces creative risk-taking within a supportive environment, promotes academic rigor, and facilitates experiential transformative learning. Engagement with the Arts Village provides exposure to a cross-disciplinary art practice and encourages development of multicultural world-views.
- Community: Through living in a supervised community with other young artists, students will network among each other and will experience personal attention from professional artists who are serving as faculty, staff, and guest presenters.
- Critical Thinking: Through critical thinking, students will expand their existing paradigms about: the world and their membership in that community, culture and how it reflects and informs that community, and the rights and responsibilities of creating art within that community.
- Collaboration: Through participation in collaborative creative projects, students will experience new, unprecedented artistic endeavor that crosses boarders of meaning and spans multiple artistic disciplines and media.
- Creativity: Through expanded opportunities for creativity, students will enjoy greater risk taking within a safe space to experiment, learn and grow in a challenging, but supportive environment.
- Connectedness:Through participation in extra-curricular and co-curricular programs and activities, students will enjoy opportunities to supplement their learning experiences in BGSU courses offered by the College of Music, the School of Art, the Department of Theatre and Film, and the creative writing and dance program