BGSU Foundation Strategic Plan
Elevating the profile of BGSU
The Bowling Green State University Foundation, Inc. presents its strategic plan for 2012 to 2015. The strategic plan is designed to coincide with and support the strategic priorities of Bowling Green State University and aims to provide opportunities to support the mission of the University and to enhance its academic and athletic reputation.
The strategic plan represents an innovative and ambitious outline for the next three years. While many of the strategic goals are modifications of past practices, the mission remains the same - to support and enhance the University’s academic, athletic and programmatic priorities and endeavors, and to effectively steward donors.
The plan is designed to coincide with strategic areas of focus of the Foundation. These areas include:
- Continuous assessment of the Foundation’s investment plan with particular focus on diversification and long-term growth;
- Increased private giving through focus and emphasis on (a) building the base, (b) retaining leadership givers and identifying new ones, (c) enhancing stewardship efforts;
- Enhancing the BGSU and Foundation brands and positioning through a comprehensive communications plan;
- Enhancing intentional alumni involvement and engagement through rigorous alumni programming;
- Assisting in preparations for the University’s next comprehensive campaign.