The application deadline for admission in Fall 2013 has passed. Below is a sample of our application and the process to be considered for ACTION. An updated application will be posted in mid-September for admission in Fall 2014.
In order to complete your application, follow these instructions:
- Type all application information into the online form below. Make sure all answers are complete before hitting the "submit" button.*
- Scan, mail or fax us a copy of your report containing ACT or SAT scores.
- Ask a high school science or math teacher to write a reference letter. The teacher should send the letter directly to our office via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or the address below.
- All finalists in the application process will be required to participate in a short online interview via Skype, Google Plus or FaceTime. More details will be provided after the application deadline.
- All applicants will be notified of a decision within several weeks once their application is complete.
*To be considered for the need-based Jadel Scholarship Fund, applicants must answer the optional question at the bottom of the application, check the box giving permission to review financial information and meet all criteria for this additional award.
Any scanned documents can be sent to: email@example.com
Fax: 419-372-6092 (ATTN: ACTION)Mailing address:
450 Math Sciences Building
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
|Intended Academic Major:|
How did you FIRST learn about Science and Math Education in ACTION?
List any extracurricular activities and achievements/awards in science and/or mathematics:
List any experiences you have that relate to teaching:
List involvement in clubs, activities and service at school (include length of involvement and any leadership roles):
List involvement in clubs, activities and service in the community (include length of involvement and any leadership roles):
In 250 or fewer words, describe your role in one volunteer activity in the community that you chose to participate in (was not required in any way):
This information will be evaluated in part based on the quality of the writing and the accuracy of spelling and grammar.
In the space below, please describe your interest in teaching science and/or mathematics (300-500 words):
In 100 or fewer words, describe any other activities or achievements that might strengthen your application:
Optional Essay Question (For applicants who have financial need and would like to be considered for an additional Jadel Scholarship award of up to $10,000 per year for four years.) NOTE: Award decision will be based on need indicated by the FAFSA and other financial considerations.
In 150 words or fewer, briefly describe your family's financial situation and why you believe you qualify for additional scholarship assistance to attend BGSU as a participant in the ACTION program:
To be considered for the need-based Jadel Scholarship award, applicants must also check this box: