Science & Math Education in ACTION
The application deadline for admission to ACTION in Fall 2013 has passed. Applications for incoming Fall 2014 will be available this upcoming September.
Science and Math Education in ACTION at BGSU offers 4-year scholarships and also provides innovative opportunities to prepare the best science and mathematics teachers in the State of Ohio.
If you are a high school senior considering a career as a science and/or mathematics teacher in middle or high school, then the ACTION Program may be for you!
Our goal is to increase the number of science and mathematics education graduates and to improve their effectiveness at teaching these subjects. In order to achieve this, the ACTION Program has received Choose Ohio First grant funding from the Ohio Board of Regents to provide:
- Four-year academic scholarships that increase each year
- All-expense paid residential Summer Bridge experience prior to freshman year
- Freshman year science or mathematics group research project
- Sophomore year science or mathematics practicum experience
- Junior and Senior year pedagogical (classroom) research project
Examples of other benefits of the program include:
- Early exposure to hands-on science, mathematics, and education topics
- Research experience at the undergraduate level
- A small “family” atmosphere at a large state university
- Increased marketability to future employers
Requirements to apply for the program:
- Ohio resident*
- Incoming freshman student accepted to BGSU
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 high school GPA**
- Recommended minimum composite score of 23 on the ACT**
- Interest in teaching science and/or mathematics in any of the grades 4 through 12
*As a Choose Ohio First grant program funded by the Ohio Board of Regents, this program is only open to students who live in Ohio.
**Most ACTION students are well above these minimum requirements.
The ACTION Program enhances BGSU’s nationally recognized teacher education program. Contact the ACTION office for more information at email@example.com or by phone at 419.372.6562.
For more information about Choose Ohio First programs, visit the Ohio Board of Regents' website.